Thursday, July 24, 2008

Best Biscuits Ever!

What's that Mommy? What did you say?







We're going to make something...What are we going to make?
Chicken Biscuits? Oh yeah! Those are the Best Biscuits Ever!



Well Mommy... Let's get started!
Mommy decided that she would make me some chicken biscuits! As a reward because I haven't went boo boo in the apartment in over a month, I did have a pee pee accident yesterday though, but Mommy says it was her fault. So anyway, I have decided to post this recipe that my mom came up with. But first I'll show you some pictures from me & Mommy making the biscuits!

Mommy has to boil the chicken & then shred it(after it cools, of course)
Mommy do you want me to make sure that chicken is ready?






Hey Momma! Is that chicken broth? Let me have some!
After what seems like forever, you get "The Best Biscuits Ever!"






Okay, Here is the recipe:

1 & 1/2 cup of shredded chicken(5 drum sticks)

1 cup of chicken broth(you will use 1/2 cup with the rice, if using corn meal then you only need 1/2cup of chicken broth)

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup whole grain rice(or 1/3 cup cornmeal but that's not all that good for doggies)

1 tablespoon soft butter

Boil 5 drumsticks, let cool then shred. If you are using whole grain rice, which is healthier for doggies, then you are going to need to chop it up! Your going to need a blender or food processor, pour the rice in the blender or food processor, with half of the chicken broth, blend it up till the rice is half the size, pour the rice/chicken broth mixture into a cup & put it in the microwave for 30 sec. (it should now be almost paste like). Mix all ingredients together. Roll it out 1/4 inch, cut into desired shapes.

Now Mommy says she can't give you an exact baking time because all ovens are different and different times make the biscuits come out with different textures. Because my Mommy has a small oven & it cooks everything super fast, she only bakes the biscuits 10minutes for a soft texture and 15minutes for a harder texture. For maximum shelf life and best taste keep in the refrigerator. If they last that long:) I know I eat them up! I'll do anything for these biscuits! If you have any questions for my mommy about this recipe, just leave it in the comments:)

Mommy look I'm laying down, please can I have one now?

26 comments:

River said...

Wow, those sound great! My mom has never made biscuits for us but her mom has. You were a good helper.

love & wags,
River

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, do those ever sound yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Bruschi said...

What a great little helper you are Eduardo! My Mommy lets me help in the kitchen too! Everyone should have a puggle to help in the kitchen! hehe

Hugs, Bruschi the Puggle
PS- Congrats on not messing in the apt!

Lizzy said...

Eduardo!

Man, those biscuits sound and look just heavenly! I gotta get my human to make me some, too!

Sparky

Lacy said...

w00f's Eduardo, yummmies me gots to git mama to make me sum of those...sounds ez enuff even my mama shood b able to..

b safe,
~rocky~

Unknown said...

Boy those look delicious! You are a cutey & such a good helper.

Joe Stains said...

omdog that recipe looks great!

Thank you for sharing!

The Devil Dog said...

Those look yummy. I wonder if I can get mom to make us some.

Roxy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Eduardo!
Sure your mom appreciates your help.
Thanks for the recipe. I am going to tell my grandma to make some for me!
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Clover said...

Eduardo! Those sounds delicious! I am going to ask my mom if we can make some. :)
I left an award on my blog for you!!
Love Clover xo

Simba and Jazzi said...

You are soooooo lucky.

Simba x

Petra said...

Your mom sure spoils you, Eduardo! Those biscuits look sooo good!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed that you are sitting there with that big container of cookies!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Jake of Florida said...

The recipe sounds yummy!!! Tell your Mom to be careful that the chicken broth doesn't have onion in it though (the one Mom wanted to use does )-- and white meat is less fatty than drumsticks.

We wires are very susceptible to pancreatis, so that's why our Mom is always paranoid. Of course, our getting into the chocolate didn't help!!!

Thanks for signing our pawtition, Eduardo. We'll remember you suppawted our cause!!

Wirey Woofs!!!

Jake and Just Harry

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

Those sound YUMMY! My mom has printed off the recipe and will try these...thank you for sharing this with us:)

BIG hugs and love from Billy Boo (and mom too:) xoxoxox

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Eduardo

Hmmm, those biscuits sound really good. We'll have to tell Mom to make them for us.

Desert Pups,
Scuba, Keiko, Norman and Toby from Life Inside The Fence

Stanislaw said...

How can you Stay like Good Boy in the presence of all that feasting?

CoCo said...

Eduardo,

That is awesome! Your Mommy is soo good in making you chicken biscuits. My Mama has never baked for me, but she does cook chicken breast, rice, and veggies for me as meal supplements to my kibbles. She has never baked for Daddy, so if she starts baking for me, Daddy might be a little jealous! Your bisuits looks yummy, I hope you enjoyed them!

Hugs,
CoCo

Kyanite said...

Hi there Eduardo!

Thanks for coming to visit me & leaving a comment, or I might not have found you for a while.
You look a lovely cuddlesome young man.
TY for adding me to your blog roll.
Do leave your photo in my Guestbook next time visit.
Have a great w/e & don't eat of those biscits @ once will you.

Pats & pets
Blue

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh YUM!!! Thanks for the recipe Eduardo. We're going to make sure our pinky makes us some.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Peanut said...

Those sound yummy. I am going to try and get my lazy mom to make me some

Agatha and Archie said...

WOW!!! We are drooling! Now we have to get her to make us some!!!! Love A+A

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That sounds so good. We will have to see if we can get Mom to make us some too..
Yes no cast just rest for 2 to 3 weeks..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Abby said...

Hi, Eduardo...

Thank You for visiting my Blog...I love making new friends...

You are sooooo cute!!!

That recipe sounds great...I love chicken & rice...I'm gonna ask my Mom to make it that way, too, so I can try it...

Abby xxxooo
Abby xxxooo

Franklin Puggle said...

Those treats look great. Mummy has said she is even gonna try make me some as they look so delicious!!
So thanks for sharing the recipe!

Puppy luv
franklin

Dexter said...

Yummers!!!!